Preparing for Hurricane Season
Hurricane season is nearly upon us, and no matter how strong a storm is you can almost always count on damage! That's where SERVPRO steps in at a moments notice to help get you back on your feet. Although you will never be able to predict the extent storm. You can always be better prepared to deal with them while you ride it out. Here are some crucial prepping steps that you should take before a hurricane hits.
Preparing for a hurricane
- Stocking up with the essential items such as; extra flashlights,candles,batteries,sanitary water, non perishable food items, and a first aid kit
- Make sure you know the details if an evacuation is necessary. So that you an your family can make it out quickly and safely.
- Boarding up any windows or doors to minimize further damage.
- Generators although not needed can help. They provide electricity to you important household appliances, lights, and more.
- NEVER Run Generators inside the household! Carbon Monoxide gas can be deadly if built up in an enclosed area.
You can never be to prepared for a hurricane an the destruction it may bring! Hopefully these tips will help you get ready, an stay safe when the big one hits.