Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage can strike at any moment, and taking the right safety precautions until SERVPRO of Burlington Township/Mount Holly arrives is very important.
- Make sure it is safe to stay in your home or business. If not make sure to exit to a safe location.
- Look out for any electrical or slip and fall hazards as they post the biggest concerns.
- Only perform activities that can be done safely. Do not put yourself or others at risk.
- Be cautious with wet materials as they are normally heavy, and could cause injury if not moved correctly.
SERVPRO of Burlington Township/Mount Holly will respond to any water damage as quickly as possible, but following these tips in the mean time will keep you out of harms way.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (609) 326-3663
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.